Say goodbye to messy litter boxes, smelly cat food, and being woken up at 2:00 a.m. because “someone” mistook your nose for a catnip mouse. Earl the Dead Cat is the purrrfect maintenance-free pet!
Originally released in 1985, this flat, cuddly, understuffed, and decidedly dead toy cat has been out of circulation for many years. He’s ideal for anyone who can’t have pets, is allergic to cats, travels a lot, or doesn’t want to come home to find the arm of the couch scratched to shreds. Again.
Yes, this is the same Earl the Dead Cat that was on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Twice. Was featured in the Weekly World News. Twice. And until recently was considered a collector’s item.
Earl the Dead Cat came complete with a humorous death certificate listing just a few of the many reasons he’s better than a live cat.
- Earl doesn’t shed, go into heat, or chase cats that are.
- He doesn't have to be put out at night. Or let back in at 4:30 a.m.
- Earl won’t bite or scratch children who pull his tail and spin him around.
- He won't stare at you like you're crazy when you want to play with him.
- If you “accidently” back over Earl in the driveway you don’t have to lie and tell the kids he ran away.
- True he doesn't come when you call him, but then again neither does a real cat!